Blackberry, Basil And Spinach Pressed Halloumi KETO LUNCH RECIPES
This sweet and savory combo is perfect for breakfast or brunch, but could also be part of a light spring lunch. The fresh basil pairs nicely with the other ingredients so it’s not overpowering. Halloumi is a slightly springy cheese that’s great for grilling and super photogenic- great for those Instagram food shots!
This recipe requires minimal prep time; the most intensive part of it is slicing the halloumi cheese. Make sure the slices are the same thickness so that they cook evenly. We recommend a sharp knife, a clean piece of string or unwaxed floss for precision. You can also keep the Panini grill halfway open to prevent the cheese from getting flattened.
Yields 1 serving of Blackberry Basil and Spinach Pressed Halloumi
🔥 Quick side note if you want help losing weight in 2020… 🔥
This keto program is awesome! It’ll help with weight loss & give you loads of energy in the new year!
It’s a completely guided 40 day program that includes easy recipes, meal plans, shopping lists, value packed videos and lots of bonuses.
- 4 ounces halloumi cheese
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 4 leaves basil, torn
- 0.8 ounces cucumber, sliced
- 6 whole blackberries, sliced into halves
1. Pre-heat Panini press to medium.
2. Slice the halloumi cheese into equal rectangles.
3. Place the halloumi cheese on Panini press until it begins to brown.
4. Flip both pieces of cheese to brown the other sides.
5. Layer the mayonnaise, spinach, cucumber slices, torn basil, and sliced blackberries on one slice of cheese.
6. Place the other slice of halloumi cheese on top to create a sandwich.
7. Close the grill and press for about 1 minute. Turn off heat to the Panini press.
8. Remove the pressed halloumi from the grill. Top with any remaining berries and serve warm.
This makes a total of 1 serving of Blackberry Basil and Spinach Pressed Halloumi. Each serving comes out to be 434 Calories, 32.3g Fat, 5.7g Net Carbs, and 27.6g Protein.
Baked Crack Chicken Breasts
slices thick cut bacon, diced
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 (1-pound, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1.Preheat oven to 400F.2.Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in diced bacon; cook until crispy.Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. DON'T discard bacon fat.Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.Add chicken breasts to the hot oil - you may have to do this in batches if skillet isn't big enough - and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.Remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange in previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.In a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. *You can also just stir in 1 tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning.Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.Take half of the bacon and add on top of the cream cheese.Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.Remove from oven.Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.Serve.